Located in the Equinox Business Park at 70 Kent Street in Deakin, Canberra Private Hospital is the result of a collaboration with local surgeons, in which community demand for a short stay hospital and medical hub was identified.
Since opening in February 2011, Canberra Private Hospital has developed a reputation in the ACT as a world-class hospital, providing a tailored experience for our patients throughout their surgical care, supported by a range of complimentary onsite services:
- diagnostic services, including pathology, ultrasound and radiology
- a post-surgery and orthopaedic rehabilitation ward
- a day rehabilitation program
The hospital has since grown to service a range of short and long stay surgical specialties including orthopaedics, ophthalmology, plastic and reconstructive surgery, oral-maxillofacial surgery, general surgery, breast oncology, vascular surgery, spinal, ENT, urology, and IVF and gynaecology.
Initially opening with three theatres, surgeon demand has supported an expansion program to build a fourth theatre, as well as a state-of-the-art upgrade of the existing three theatres, with HexaVue Integration and 4K technology.
We are excited about the growth of our hospital, and what this means to our patients and doctors.
Click on the button below to learn more about Canberra Private Hospital.
With the support of our surgeons and hospital Board, Canberra Private Hospital has continued to thrive, and in 2020 we committed to a significant expansion, with the six-month building program commencing in October 2020.
On its completion in May 2021, the expansion project has delivered a broad range of improvements, substantially improving patient flow, as well as the patient experience, and included
- Increased operating capacity to four theatres, and an upgrade to the existing three theatres
- Expansion of our overnight ward to 38 beds, each with their own en suite, including 32 single rooms
- Relocation of our main reception area, including a new patient admission area
- Improved pre-operative experience with new holding bay area
- Expansion of the recovery unit to accommodate the additional theatre
- New staff amenities, including a modern staff tearoom overlooking Canberra’s mysterious Galamabary, also known as Black Mountain
- A purpose built CSSD to accommodate our growing surgical services.
- Increased storage capacity, including a larger sterile stock room and loan equipment management area
- Additional office space to facilitate the required growth in back end administrative services
We are delighted to announce the first stage of this expansion is complete, and we are enjoying welcoming patients to our new hospital.
Canberra Private Hospital has been built as a boutique hospital to bring worlds class patient care to the local community. We work closely with our surgeons and their rooms to understand the individual needs of each patient, creating a more personalised patient experience, all the way from pre-admission to discharge.
Canberra Private Hospital leads a collaborative can-do culture, where every single staff member owns the patient experience, actively including patients in decision making. Our expert hospital team are focused on delivering a safe and premium service in a warm, welcoming environment.
This is why we are one of the few hospitals known for our food – we have an internationally trained chef in our onsite kitchen, creating a range of appetising meals to meet all dietary requirements.
Doctors and Healthcare Professionals
Nexus Hospitals prides itself on partnering with doctors and healthcare workers to create models of patient care that are focussed on high quality outcomes and deliver a world class experience for our patients. We deliver this by investing in the latest technology, world-class facilities and highly trained hospital teams.
Committed to continuing this strong partnership, in planning the expansion of Canberra Private Hospital, we have collaborated with our surgeons to create a best practice clinical environment, with medical sovereignty embedded at its core.
Over ten years, Canberra Private Hospital has developed a reputation for providing excellent patient care, offering a tailored operating environment for the region’s health professionals, and outstanding work conditions in which to progress their careers.
If you are interested in operating or working with us at Canberra Private Hospital, please contact us.
Michael Gower, Acting General Manager / Director of Nursing
M: 0424 990 420
Jason Talbot, Business Development Manager
M: 0439 977 673