Welcome to Canberra Private Hospital
Information on the precautions we are taking regarding the COVID-19 outbreak can be found here.
In addition to this, and in the interests of the safety of our patients and staff, we have also amended our protocols for all patients and visitors attending Canberra Private Hospital.
- Patients and visitors will now be required to visit the Nurses Station on the ground floor prior to entering Canberra Private Hospital
- For patients staying in our ovenight ward:
- No more than two nominated visitors from immediate family or next of kin will be allowed to visit
- Nominated visitors must not be unwell, or have travelled overseas in the last 14 days
- All nominated visitors need to be listed with staff at the time of patient admission
- We have also taken the step of limiting visiting hours, which will now finish at 6pm to assist staff in monitoring visitor activity
- For all others wishing to visit, we encourage you to make contact with patients either by telephone via the hospital switchboard on 02 6173 3733, or via the direct telephone number in patients rooms.
We thank you for your understanding at this difficult time.
Located in Deakin, Canberra Private Hospital provides specialised surgical services and excellent facilities including:
- Three technologically-advanced operating theatres
- Day surgery recovery room
- 24 single and 2 double private ensuite rooms for longer post-operative stays
- Inpatient and day rehabilitation service to assist recovery from surgery and medical illness, including an onsite gymnasium
- Diagnostic services, including pathology, ultrasound and radiology
- Pharmacy services
Our inpatients have access to free WiFi and Foxtel, and high-quality nutritious meals prepared in our onsite kitchen.
Whether you are with us for a day, or a little longer, your needs always come first. Our experienced staff are committed to providing the best care, from pre-admission to discharge.
Canberra Private Hospital is accredited with ACHS and NSQHS Standards.
Patients regularly comment that Canberra Private Hospital doesn’t feel like a hospital; their care is personalised and they feel included in decision-making. Unlike many other hospitals, we’re also known for our food! In partnership with the catering services team, our internationally trained chef creates a range of appetising meals for all dietary requirements.
General Manager/Director of Nursing
A comfortable, worry-free hospital visit begins before the day of your procedure. We’ll make sure you feel ready for your operation, and have everything you need for your stay with us.
When we’ve received your admissions forms, we’ll review your medical history, and get in touch if we require any additional information. If we have your mobile number, we’ll send you an SMS confirming the time and date of your admission, as well as any fasting instructions. Alternatively, we’ll reach you via your work or home number.Learn more about what to expect and how to prepare for your surgery
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
Acknowledging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important aspect of ending exclusion. Awareness of the importance of different cultures and acceptance of this diversity as a part of modern Australia is central to the Canberra Private Hospital culture. This increased acceptance across all aspects of our society is a critical aspect in helping to create a more united Australia.
Plastic and reconstructive surgery
Oral & maxillofacial surgery
Ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgery