Safety and Quality
Vermont Private Hospital is committed to providing the highest standard of patient care by creating an environment in which excellence and service flourish.
- To meet all relevant health authority requirements in both facilities and standards
- Provide a high level of professional care to all patients & families
- Design, develop and maintain a high standard facility which encompasses current and future technological advancements to achieve optimum safety and comfort for all patients and staff
- Develop and achieve a high level of staff involvement and ensure a client focused team approach to all patient and doctor services
- Optimise the use of the operating suite to achieve high levels of efficiency, productivity and occupancy
- Maintain the best clinical standards through strategic staff recruitment, staff training, peer review and update, quality assurance programs and critical evaluation of services.
Safety and Quality
Vermont Private Hospital has a formal Medical Advisory Committee, with representatives from our medical team, senior nursing staff and General manager. The committee has the ability to co-opt other specialist members and consumers as required. This committee addresses clinical compliance, reviews clinical outcomes and excellence.
Vermont Private Hospital is working towards certification with ISO 9001:2008, and the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (NSQHSS)and is licensed by the Department of Health. Vermont Private Hospital is committed to the employment and ongoing training of licensed and qualified staff appropriate to the needs of our patients as specified by the Australian Commission of Safety and Quality in Healthcare (ACSQHC).
Vermont Private Hospital has a comprehensive infection prevention and control program in place. Our facility and staff are regularly audited for compliance with national infection prevention and control guidelines, Australian Standards for reprocessing of reusable instruments (AS/NZ 4187:2014) and the Australian Commission of Safety and Quality in Healthcare [ACSQHC] National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (NSQHSS).
Vermont Private Hospital is committed to the Hand Hygiene Australia program and conducts regular audits to ensure compliance.
Clinical indicators are measures of elements of clinical care which may, when assessed over time, provide a method of assessing the quality and safety of care. Vermont Private Hospital collect a number of clinical indicators that will be benchmarked against published data.
Vermont Private Hospital is committed to the highest of quality care and risk management.
Vermont Private Hospital has an active reporting culture and in addition to the collection of clinical indicators all adverse and sentinel events are monitored and reported for review to the Medical Advisory Committee and Board of Directors on a regular basis.
Vermont Private Hospital is committed to providing an effective, well trained and up to date workforce. All training is supported by policies and procedures that are updated on a regular basis reflecting a best practice approach to care delivery. Additionally a strict process for checking credentials, registration and scope of practice for all clinical staff and accredited medical practitioners is practiced and audited.
This is ensured through the provision and maintenance of well-developed orientation and annual mandatory training and competency program.
The senior management team and staff at Vermont Private Hospital are committed to ensuring that a robust Quality System is in place as directed by the Quality System Manual to:
- To provide a timely, safe, healthcare service, which encompasses measurable ongoing continual improvement to our customers, as a basis of all practices
- To provide healthcare of a high standard using a risk focused, process approach, based on Best Practice and regulatory requirements
- Provide a competitive, affordable and safe health care service to our customer
- Engage regularly with our customers, both internal and external, to ensure we are meeting their needs effectively
- Regularly review and assess the effectiveness of our Quality Management System and implement improvements, which is based on AS/NZ ISO 9001:2016
- Ensure Vermont Private Hospital’s Quality Policy is available to all interested parties
We have processes in place for the ongoing transparent planning, review and improvement to our Quality Management System. The outcome of the planning process is a set of objectives which will be reviewed and updated at least annually.
It is important that Vermont Private Hospital stakeholders:
- Are aware of the requirements of our Quality Management Systems,
- Identify, Record, Report all problems, incidents, complaints, compliments or areas for improvement
- Comply with the intent and the content of our Quality Management system
Please contact Vermont Private Hospital CEO/ Director of Nursing if you require further information on our Quality Policy