Why choose Tennyson Centre Day Hospital?
When you operate at Tennyson Centre Day Hospital, you’ll have a committed partner working with you to develop safe and evidence-based models of care tailored to your patients’ needs. We will provide the right technology, along with a specialist dedicated nursing team, to ensure you can do your finest work – and provide the best possible patient outcomes.
As part of Nexus, our broader private hospital group team is dedicated to putting patients at the centre of Australia’s private healthcare model. Our small environment and wonderful culture fosters a friendly, personal atmosphere where everyone looks out for each other.
Tennyson Centre Day Hospital provides excellent surgical facilities, the latest equipment, and experienced and dedicated nursing and support staff. Our goal is to help you perform at your best, ensuring the best possible outcome for patients.
We pride ourselves on making our surgeons feel at home in our hospital, from providing the specialty equipment required to perform each procedure, to tailoring our theatres to meet your requirements. Surgeon feedback and ideas are always welcome.
What to expect when you partner with us
Our goal is to ensure every aspect of your practice management and patient care is seamless. So we will work with your practice manager to ensure our processes can be integrated into their workflows, and encourage your staff to visit our hospital to see and experience your patient journey first hand.
We will also work with you to configure aspects of our operating theatres to suit your procedures and preferences.
If you’re interested in operating at Tennyson Centre Day Hospital, please contact the General Manager/Director of Nursing, Ann Phillips, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (08) 8292 2331.
We’ll send you an Application for Accreditation form, which you’ll need to return alongside the following credentials:
- Insurance Certificate
- AHPRA Registration
- CV (with three references).
Our General Manager/Director of Nursing will check your references and present all documents to a Nexus Medical Advisory Committee representative. You will be provided with Interim Privileges while your credentials are reviewed.
Following approval at the next Medical Advisory Committee meeting, full privileges can be granted for a three year period.
At the end of this period, you will be asked to review your application and make any changes if necessary.
Any further questions about joining our team can be directed to the General Manager/Director of Nursing Ann Phillips, at email@example.com.
All Nexus Hospitals operate under By-laws approved by the Nexus Hospitals Board. These By-laws empower medical staff to give assurance of quality hospital medical care.
The By-laws outline the management policies approved by the Board, and document
- the Terms of Reference for the Tennyson Centre Day Hospital Medical Advisory Committee
- the process of accrediting practitioners at Tennyson Centre Day Hospital and defining their scope of practice
- the obligations on accredited practitioners in relation to the safety and the quality of care of patients, and include those relating to patient privacy, open disclosure, infection control and reporting, and medical research
- the expected conduct of accredited practitioners at Tennyson Centre Day Hospital.
A full copy of the Tennyson Centre Day Hospital By-laws is available on request by email to the General Manager/Director of Nursing.
GPs and referrers
As part of a private hospital group that puts people before profits, Tennyson Centre Day Hospital provides an exceptional experience for your patients within the local community.
We recognise and appreciate your role as a specialist referrer in supporting and informing our patients through their healthcare decisions, and are committed to providing regular updates. By keeping you informed, we can ensure we are all working together to provide the best possible outcomes for your patients.
You are welcome to visit our hospital, and see how our focus on patient care is creating a better experience, from admission to post-operative recovery. Please contact us to book an appointment.
Careers with Tennyson Centre Day Hospital
Our dedicated nursing and patient care staff have a considerable depth of experience and a shared commitment to putting patients first. All nurses are hand-picked in their field of expertise. We offer a flexible work environment and a supportive team, with a culture underpinned by co-operation and care.
We would be delighted to talk to you about positions at Tennyson Centre Day Hospital. If you are interested in working with us, please telephone our GM/DON on 08 8292 2331, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Clinical Nurse - Anaesthetics & Recovery
Tennyson Centre Day Hospital is seeking a qualified Registered Nurse to join our leadership team as a Clinical Nurse who is experienced in Anaesthetics and stage one recovery who is highly motivated with a desire to extend their leadership journey whilst maintaining core clinical expertise.
The Tennyson Centre Day Hospital is a standalone purpose-built day surgery located in Kurralta Park, SA and forms part of the Nexus Hospital group.
Our specialities include Ophthalmology, Urology Oral Surgery, Minor General Surgery, Plastics, Pain Management, Endoscopy and an Infusion service. We are supported by 2 operating theatres, 2 endoscopy procedure rooms, a urology procedure room, an 11 bed first stage recovery and 11 chair second stage recovery.
The Tennyson Centre Day Hospital is an environment where a positive culture exists amongst its employees and we offer,
A Monday to Friday roster, 06:00 – 21:00.
No on call, no night duty or weekends.
Free parking is available.
Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance.
As a Clinical Nurse of Anaesthetics and stage one recovery it is essential that you meet the following criteria.
- Registered General Nurse with AHPRA and holds a current practicing certificate.
- Has a minimum of 5 years post registration experience in the regarded specialist field.
- Knowledge of Quality Principles and Accreditation programs.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Knowledge of Guidelines and current Australian Standards including but not limited to Sterilization Standards, College of Anaesthetists Standards and ACORN Standards SAPNA and ADSNA.
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating clinical nursing policies and procedures, especially as they relate to their regarded specialist field.
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communication
- Extensive customer service skills.
- Leadership and management skills that including the capacity to initiate and support change within a team framework.
- Providing leadership, direction, collaboration and management of nursing staff.
- Providing direct assistance to nursing staff in the delivery of patient care.
- Developing effective interpersonal relationships with staff, VMO and all other health professionals.
Applications and phone enquiries to
Olivia Schipper / Clinical Manager
Ph: 8292 2331
Tennyson Centre Day Hospital
T18, Level one, 520 South Rd
Kurralta Park SA 5037
Applications close 18/01/2021
Registered Nurses & Enrolled Nurses– Operating Theatre Scrub / Scout and Anaesthetics
Are you looking for a new and exciting job opportunity?
The Tennyson Centre Day Hospital is seeking enthusiastic Registered and Enrolled Nurses with perioperative experience to join their dynamic team. We are looking for Scrub, Scout and Anaesthetic nurses.
Tennyson Centre Day Hospital is a standalone, purpose-built Day Surgical Hospital, located in Kurralta Park SA and forms part of the Nexus Hospital Group. Our team offers a supportive, friendly and flexible working environment.
Our specialties include Ophthalmology, Urology, Plastics, Oral surgery, Gastroenterology, and an infusion service. We are supported by 2 operating theatres, 3 procedure rooms and an 11-bed recovery and 12 chair recovery unit.
The Tennyson Centre Day Hospital is an environment where a positive culture exists amongst its employees.
The successful applicant will need current APHRA certification and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a perioperative area.
Full Time, Part Time and Casual positions available
We require you to have:
- Proven experience in Anaesthetics, Scrub or Scout for the above specialties.
- The ability and willingness to share knowledge and skills with staff new to the perioperative area.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability and confidence to work autonomously in this role and as part of a dynamic team.
- Computer literacy
- The desire to be part of a team that places high importance in providing the highest standard of care for our patients.
- This is an excellent opportunity to join our wonderful team.
- We offer a Monday to Friday roster – no call, no night duty
- Free carparking available
- Pathways for career progression, flexible working hours and training as required for skills development.
To express your interest for this position please email a cover letter and resume to:
Tennyson Centre Day Hospital
Suite 18, Level 1, 520 South Road