Why choose Southbank Day Surgery?
When you operate at Southbank Day Surgery, you’ll have a committed partner working with you to develop safe and evidence-based models of care tailored to your patients’ needs. We provide the right technology, along with a specialist dedicated nursing team, to ensure you can do your finest work – and achieve the best possible patient outcomes.
As part of Nexus, our broader private hospital group team is dedicated to putting patients at the centre of Australia’s private healthcare model. Our small environment and supportive culture fosters a friendly, personal atmosphere where everyone looks out for each other.
Southbank Day Surgery provides excellent surgical facilities fitted out with the latest technology, and experienced and dedicated nursing and support staff. Our goal is to help you perform at your best, ensuring the best possible outcomes for your patients.
We pride ourselves on making our surgeons feel at home in our hospital, and our staff are committed to developing close relationships with your practice managers and staff to ensure a seamless service is provided to you and your patients. Your feedback is important to us as it helps us develop strategies to improve our service, and we provide satisfaction surveys to practice managers and doctors throughout the year.
Operating sessions and credentialing
If you’re interested in operating at Southbank Day Surgery, please contact CEO/DON Bronwyn Grant on 08 9368 7344 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be delighted to arrange a tour of our hospitals, and discuss potential operating sessions with you. Once you have settled on appropriate operating times, we will send you a VMO Credentialing Application form, which you’ll need to return with the following credentials:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Current professional indemnity documentation
- Working with Children and Police Clearance
- Graduate and post graduate qualification
- Record of cases – supervised and unsupervised
- Evidence of previous experience
- CPD updates
- Two written references
- Hand Hygiene Certificate
Our CEO/Director of Nursing will check your references and present all documents to the Southbank Day Surgery Medical Advisory Committee representatives, and Clinical Governance Committee.
Following approval at the next Medical Advisory Committee meeting, full privileges may be granted for a 12-month period.
At the end of this period, you will be asked to review your application and make any changes if necessary.
Supporting your practice
Our goal is to ensure every aspect of your practice management and patient care is seamless. So we will work with your practice manager to ensure our processes can be integrated into their workflows, and encourage your staff to visit our hospital to see and experience your patient journey first hand.
We will also work with you to configure aspects of our operating theatres to suit your procedures and preferences.
GPs and referrers
As part of a private hospital group that puts people before profits, Southbank Day Surgery provides an exceptional experience for your patients within the local community. We are also proud members of the Reconciliation WA group, who recognise and value the continuity of cultural, educational and spiritual practices of First Peoples.
We have six theatres, an adult recovery facility, a dedicated paediatric recovery area, and a Dermatology and MOHS facility with three procedure rooms, all recently upgraded and designed with exceptional patient care in mind.
We appreciate your role as a specialist referrer in supporting and informing our patients through their healthcare decisions, and are committed to providing regular updates. By keeping you informed through our collaborative care model, we can ensure we are all working together to provide the best possible outcomes for your patients.
You are welcome to visit our hospital, and see how our focus on patient care is creating a better experience, from admission to post-operative recovery. Please contact us to book an appointment.
Careers with Southbank Day Surgery
Our team is committed to excellence in patient care, and we’re proud of the quality of service we provide. We offer an inclusive and professional work environment and a supportive culture, underpinned by co-operation and encouragement.
Benefits of working with us include:
- A highly trained team focused on the patient experience
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Great location, close to shopping and amenities
- Free onsite parking
- A professional and supportive work culture.
Southbank Day Surgery - RN Scrub Scout / Anaesthetic RN or Technician / Dental Nurses / RN Recovery
At Southbank Day Surgery (part of Nexus Hospitals Group) we work together to make a positive impact on community wellbeing, and we are known for exceptional surgical care and excellent patient outcomes. We have six theatres – adult and dedicated paediatrics recovery, plus 3 procedure rooms for our Dermatology and MOHs procedures.
About the roles
We are currently seeking the following staff to join our team on a casual, part-time or full-time basis.
- OPERATING THEATRE SCRUB/SCOUT RN
- ANAESTHETIC RN or TECHNICIAN
- DENTAL NURSES
- REGISTERED NURSES with experience in RECOVERY
All applicants should meet the following requirements plus their essential criteria listed below:
- Must be registered with AHPRA
- Have the Right to Work in Australia
- Current National Police Clearance / WA Criminal Record Screening
- WA Working with Children Check
- Proof of immunity to specified infection diseases prior to commencement, for any persons in patient contact roles.
Essential Criteria – Anaesthetic RNs / Technicians
- Anaesthetic Technicianswill bring relevant qualifications such as Diploma of Anaesthetic Technology or Certificate of Anaesthetic Technician / registered training course
- Anaesthetic RNwill bring relevant Anaesthetic experience
Essential Criteria for Registered Nurses – Recovery
- A minimum of 2 years recent experience in Recovery
- Previous recovery room / airway management experience
- Experience to work with both adults and paediatrics would be preferable
Benefits and perks:
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive wages
- Free parking
- Education and professional development